Friday, August 19, 2011

Political Machine?

SAW 20110819.

This is a post from my Wordpress blog Stay A While, along with the comments. I decided to duplicate my Wordpress blog comments (along with all comments) on Blogger for posterity. Also because I lost my Wordpress password and haven't been able to recover my account. So I just copied everything over and changed the publish dates. Anyway, enjoy.

Subject: Obama sucks, Obamamaniacs.

Obama is on his bus tour.

Good to see his idea to connect with Americans, is no better an idea than the biggest idiot (Palin) in the field.

Many on the left have been waiting for Obama to talk about and put forth legislation to improve the lot (job bills, etc) of unemployed, starving Americans.

Obama is making the news headlines since his bus tour started, mostly about his programs to help Americans. These will be released in September. Job bills, tax cuts, and who knows what's in his program.

What a cynical politician he is.

The left has been begging him since before his election; What are you ideas, policies, and plans to get America going again. His party members have been screaming for a jobs bill. Where is it?

Now "at the start of the election" he is out telling us exactly what we want to hear. Why not years ago when his party was talking about FDR type work programs? Why not at the start of his administration, when he had majority?

It would have been easier then, than now with Republican majority. The best he can do now, is force the Republicans to vote against such a bill and hope the American people blame Republicans. But Republicans will just say we cannot afford that kind of program without raising taxes. And as the American people have done for a long time now, they will go along with the Republican's "no new tax" thinking. So nothing gets done.

Obama takes these safe positions on traditional Democratic policies. He's willing to talk about 4 trillion in spending cuts, knowing that will go nowhere, a straw man. He's willing to talk job bill now, when he knows it won't pass.

When has Obama ever challenged the Congress? Where is the traditional fight with a Congress of opposition? History shows that Presidents whose party did not have Congressional majority, did not just lay down, or appease their opposition. Hit the floors of Congress and fight for your policies and principles, that's traditional. I'm tired of excuses that say Obama can't get anything done because of asshole Republicans.

It's almost 3 years now, and his administration is looking like the Carter administration. No change, no control, not even a decent attempt at moving Congressional politics.

Now we will hear the Obama oratory. The promises, the common sense, the ideas; just as in 2007 and 2008. It will all sound so familiar, and it will be, because of course, it's campaign/election time. Everything Obama has done (or not done) was calculated for best chances to win reelection.

The Obamamaniacs will be out in force (already are) defending everything he does and has done, including renewing the Bush tax cuts. And using their dirty tricks to divide and discipline those outside the Presidential echo chamber.

There is no fight in this dog (Obama) nor is there any fight in the Democrats. Where is the Democratic challenger to Obama. Where will the debate inside the Democratic party have its voice? I guess they are taking a book from the Republicans: goose-step, in line attitudes only, no difference of opinion, and certainly not voiced publicly. Bernie Sanders should run for President, just to provide the platform for the debate.

Political machines used to get things done, even though they were corrupt. According to Obamamaniacs, Obama is so clean, that we should trade that for any real action, and be happy it's not President Bachmann were dealing with. What a choice for the leader of the free World, an idiot, or the do nothing President.

Tell the people what they want to hear, it's election time!

7 Responses

1. August 23, 2011 at 1:21 am.

JollyRoger: It's the perfect cover if you love the status quo and don't want it to change. He had a chance between 2009-2011 to actually swing hard at the problem, and he didn't even chip at it. NOW, he can swing as hard as he wants to, and then cry about his pals not going along with him.

Real easy, isn't it?

2. August 23, 2011 at 10:35 am.

Dave Dubya: "Everything Obama has done (or not done) was calculated for best chances to win reelection".

There it is, the priority of 99.9% of the political class. If serving the interests of the economic elites is what it takes then damn the public. Besides, the public has been duped and indoctrinated into such a pathetic lowest common denominator of ignorance, our country is doomed to further decline.

All while the corporatist parties claim to care half a crap about the rest of us. American must fail in order to revive. And the odds are against revival because the true owners will not be removed from power.

Time for a new Constitution and a new country.

3. August 23, 2011 at 10:11 pm.

Jolly Roger: Time for a few new countries. That's the surest way to keep us from resuming being a belligerent state.

4. August 26, 2011 at 11:58 am.

dmarks: "All while the corporatist parties..."

Neither party is. It's a bogus concept.

"And the odds are against revival because the true owners will not be removed from power"

I am one of the true owners. So is Tom.

"Time for a new Constitution and a new country"

That is the worst idea I've heard in quite a time on these blogs. Bye bye Bill of Rights, bye bye representative democracy.

5. August 26, 2011 at 8:05 pm.

TOM WordPress: Those who believe in the liberal government (and the services it provides) have known for a long time how out of control the bureaucracy has become, and seriously wanted to reform and make those programs more cost effective, more efficient, and responsive to the people.
That thinking was lost when the opposition decided (stated publicly) that they wanted those kind of programs eliminated, not just reformed. The only stance for Democrats, is to defend the decades old programs. Certainly there is no good outcome of negotiating reform of those programs with those whose goal, is to eliminate those programs.
It’s the type of government Americans wanted in the 1930's (proven by FDR's four election wins) and reinforced with LBJ's programs of the 1960″s.
The difference is, that our generation no longer wants to pay what that kind of society costs (expensive),
I am a liberal. I understand the extra cost of such a society and am willing to pay. The stability of the country depends on it, and that's what previous generations understood, after trying tom live without such basic help from the government.
It is out of hand, but the answer to that, is to not just eliminate the programs. If waste and high cost that is our reason to stop a program, then all government programs should be stopped/eliminated. I don't believe our government should just be destroyed.
Republicans since the 1930's have been trying to eliminate the social programs, and have never had majority (or public approval) to do that, so they just starved the system of money. And here we are. This generation will be the first generation to pass off an America much worse off, than it was left to them. Now, it is a moral issue.

6. August 28, 2011 at 4:33 pm.

w-dervish: I agree with you about Obama. I used to be an enthusiastic Obama supporter, but now I'd say I'm a reluctant supporter. However, I still plan on voting for Obama in 2012. I'd much rather he win then the Republican.

Perhaps we'd have a greater chance of pushing Obama to the Left if not for the Obamamaniacs or Liberal Hippies? Surely they are a part of the problem, although I still think we can keep our disagreements respectful... but maybe I'm wrong.

7. August 28, 2011 at 6:25 pm.

TOM WordPress: w-dervish,

The echo chamber on the left, is getting as bad as the echo chamber on the right has been, for decades.
I received hate mail from two lefties (Leslie-Parsleys Pics and Sue-Hello Mr. President...) just for telling the President to get off his fat ass. I wrote that on MY blog (maybe you read the post) not their blogs.
That kind of Republican like echo chamber will hurt Democrats, and is totally unacceptable to me. I also wrote, that I also will be voting for Obama, as I did in 2008, for the same reason you stated.

Copyright 2011 by TOM The Omelet Man. All rights reserved. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. SAW-255.

1 comment:

  1. As it turns out, TOM lied when he said "I received hate mail from two lefties (Leslie-Parsleys Pics and Sue-Hello Mr. President...)". I mean, I was extremely doubtful at the time, but I didn't know then just how insane TOM was. Turns out he (shortly after this, I believe) started trolling the blogs of his imagined enemies. Sue, Leslie, Rational Nation, Shaw Kenawe... and then my blog. He's been trolling me for several years now.

    And, remember I said "I agree with you about Obama". Which I still do. TOM can't even get along with people who agree with him!

    When I started blogging this is one of the last things I was expecting to happen. Someone who describes himself as a Lefty, and he turns out to be one of the most persistent and sickest trolls I've ever encountered. I say he's sick because he decided that the persona he'd adopt to troll my blog was that of an extreme homophobe. According to him, me and the object of his most intense hatred (Rational Nation) have lots of gay sex. This despite us living in different states and having never met. TOM is a sick, sick man.

    Which is why I'm now 100 percent convinced that he was totally lying about Sue and Leslie. Yes, knowing Sue I could not believe what he was saying before, but I just wasn't sure what was going on.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.