This is a post from my WordPress blog Stay A While, along with the comments. I decided to duplicate my Wordpress blog comments (along with all comments) on Blogger for posterity. Also because I lost my WordPress password and haven't been able to recover my account. So I just copied everything over and changed the publish dates. Anyway, enjoy.
Subject: Obama sucks.
Why not?
I wasn't looking for a George Bush clone when I voted for Obama. I was never a Obamamanic. I don't want Bush lite for my President. I won't bow to the President, just because he's a Democrat. Simply being a Democrat doesn't mean a thing, if he's going to follow Republican failed policies.
I wanted single payer, which he was for at the start of his campaign, because it is the best way to insure all Americans. I don't need, or want a Democratic President to extend the Bush tax cuts which have been increasing the debt for ten years now.
We need a Democratic President to lead and define Democratic principles and policies. We need a leader who will lead the people to support the programs that have stabilized this country, so business could grow and make obscene amounts of money.We need a President to be honest with Americans about our finances. What we have is a President who is just kicking the can down the road, not leading.
We are lowering our standards to meet the rest of the World, not leading new standards to enhance ourselves and the rest of the World.
Republicans have killed capitalism. Money is not supposed to just sit around. It is to be used to boost innovation, employment, consumerism, and the economy. Not only are companies sitting on their money; but supply and demand principles are not working. We are not paying the demand price of oil, or most other products. Prices are set to ensure a profit, even at these low consumer buying times.
Where is the economic activity the Republicans promised with their tax cut policies? We need an infusion of employment and cash into the economy. If corporations won't do it, then government has to, or we will be in this economic disaster for decades.
An old capitalist saying: You have to spend money to make money.
Money is the grease that keeps a capitalist engine going. Dry up the money and of course capitalism slows down. Put five million people to work on government payroll, that will infuse the economy with cash, buying, and optimism.
This defeatist attitude by the Republicans is turning what should have been a short economic downturn into a generational economic disaster.
No more money. Don't invest in America. Don't help Americans who are broke, starving, and unemployed.
BULLSHIT!
Hey Mr. President, get off your fat ass and do something besides agreeing with Historically failed Republican policies! There are proven ways to jump-start an economy; and it's also proven that the Republican tax cut strategy, is not one of those ways. If you jump-start this economy you won't have to worry about some conservative, or independent votes to get you reelected, you will win in a landslide.
8 Responses.
01. August 5, 2011 at 7:33 pm.
RealityZone: Well said.
BRAVO! ! !
Obusha was the Manchurian Candidate.
He is NOT a liberal.
He is a Corporatista.
First he was against "drill baby drill".
Then he was for it.
Single payer was never even on the table.
The W tax cuts for the elite, are now his tax cuts for the elite.
If he would have made a fight of this, the debt ceiling charade would have never happened.
Cuts for Main St. no new taxes for the elite.
O is a bag man for the tea baggers.
O is a war of choice president.
We wanted a liberal, a progressive, a democrat for president.
We got O the appeaser.
Or, perhaps he is not an appeaser.
Perhaps he has been one of them all along.
Which is my opinion.
Yet the wannabe liberals still give this guy a pass.
Amazing.
How much more do they want to see.
Amazing.
We have saboteurs of the New Deal within the dem party.
What a shame that Bernie Sanders is not 20 years younger.
BTW. I dig your tunes.
02. August 7, 2011 at 12:48 am.
TOM, WordPress: RZ,
Thanks
It's sad to see liberals act like Republicans.
Defending acts at any cost, and goose stepping to the party line like Rush, Glen, and the rest of the wackos do for their Republicans.
03. August 8, 2011 at 10:30 am.
dmarks: Reality: The W tax cuts were mostly for the middle class. Not the rich. But anyway. As for Bernie Sanders, it's a shame he isn't home gardening instead of being in Washington. He's a hardline economic fascist, and can be counted on typically to vote in favor of the ruling elites and against the people. A 20-year younger would still be no more popular than Ron Paul: if you, like Paul, campaign in the interests of a tiny number of people, you will get the support of a tiny number of people.
As for Tom's main point toward the end: "If you jump-start this economy you won't have to worry..."
I think with Obama what you see is what you get. I don't think it's likely he is going to make some big change, and he will probably just keep doing what he has been doing so far.
04. August 8, 2011 at 12:05 pm.
TOM, WordPress: Then we are screwed. If only spending cuts can get through, our debt will continue to grow. That is disaster for America. If we deny help to Americans, that to will just make things worse.
The Bush tax cuts are putting us deeper in debt every year. It's amazing how the Republicans deny simple Math.
05. August 8, 2011 at 12:58 pm.
dmarks: I have doubts that the promise spending cuts will happen.
06. August 10, 2011 at 5:34 pm.
TOM, WordPress: I have now been deleted from a liberal blog, for expressing my right to criticize the President. What cowards. More deletions are sure to come
07. August 11, 2011 at 7:36 pm.
TOM, WordPress: Now I'm getting the anonymous hate mail. Thanks Leslie for showing us your lack of class. Kinda mean like RN, aren't you.
08. January 22, 2016 at 10:57 pm. Your comment is awaiting moderation.
Dervish Sanders: I agree with a lot of what you write here Tom. Except that Obama was prevented from doing much due to Republican obstruction (AKA The Caucus Room Conspiracy). I do agree with you about Single Payer and The bush tax cuts. Obama should have fought harder for the former and never agreed to the latter. Obama is a Blue Dog corporatist Democrat in the Bill Clinton mold. I surely would not attack you for expressing your thoughts on this fact. I do, however, find your comments (submitted to my blog) accusing me of being a "natural hater" and of having "hate blogs" to be annoying. As well as perplexing. I don't know why you'd attack me when I've never attacked you. Perhaps if you wish to keep commenting on my blog you can try to stay on topic?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.