Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Is This So Hard ?

SAW 20110726.

This is a post from my WordPress blog Stay A While, along with the comments. I decided to duplicate my Wordpress blog comments (along with all comments) on Blogger for posterity. Also because I lost my Wordpress password and haven't been able to recover my account. So I just copied everything over and changed the publish dates. Anyway, enjoy.

Subject: Before the Hate.

We only have a spending problem, if we do not want, or need what we are paying for. Since Americans do want their Social Security, Medicare, etc., then we have a revenue problem. Americans need military services. Maybe not at the level we have now, but certainly we cannot eliminate a military.

If we spend on infrastructure, education and other things that will pay future dividends, those are worthy and needed investments.

Everyone talks about settling the current deficit. No mention of eliminating the national debt. We need to attack that debt, to leave future Americans the ability to make choices for themselves and their decedents.

We have a huge debt, because we paid taxes at a rate lower than our spending. I find Republicans have no credibility when it comes to demanding spending cuts. They got their tax cuts starting 30 years ago, but never cut spending and were never concerned about the national debt.

Now, they are willing to cause financial ruin in the United States and the World, just to push a lie of concern for our fiscal problems, to make the President look bad and lose the coming election.

Why do people even listen to those who created the problem in the first place? Would we listen to a drunk drivers excuse after he killed someone?

It truly comes down to simple Math. We already know these elected officials cannot add, or subtract, so we must do their Math for them; not to mention pay dearly for their lack of not doing their jobs.

Republicans keep blaming the President for our situation. While that goes on, our situation gets worse. Republicans have a defeatist attitude, when they say the only answer, is to gut the government with their tax cuts.

Investing in the future of our people and our country, is the only smart way out of this situation.

4 Responses.

01. July 27, 2011 at 6:55 am.

JollyRoger: I call Rushpubliscum voters Jonestowners for a reason. Like the Jonestowners, they are quite willing to destroy everything-even themselves-if they can't have their 1859 world.

02. July 27, 2011 at 8:40 pm.

Sue: I think the more those idiots appear on TV, like the way Boehner did the other night making a fool of himself, the easier it is to see the hypocrisy, the deceit, the lies, the wool being pulled over the eyes of the duped...

The republicans really are the party of stupid, they don't have a clue how to govern, how to grow an economy, how to put country first. I really do hate them...

03. July 28, 2011 at 12:24 pm.

TOM WordPress: You are correct Sue. The more light shining on these idiots, the better. As stupid as they have been for decades, people still vote for them. I'm afraid, like Bill Maher, I find the American people stupid for going along this far with Republicans. I hope they dump the Republicans and have thought so for decades. I'm still waiting.
Sure Obama got elected. The first black President in History, but Republican wins have saturated the country. Governors like Pawlenty have left MN bankrupt, and Walker is destroying WI, now.
Asd far as I'm concerned, it's to late, but any change, at anytime, is welcome.

04. September 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm.

John Myste: We only have a spending problem, if we do not want, or need what we are paying for. Since Americans do want their Social Security, Medicare, etc., then we have a revenue problem.

Very interesting thought. I think I will steal it. Thanks you, sir.

Copyright 2011 by TOM The Omelet Man. All rights reserved. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. SAW-247.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.